Monday, November 13, 2006

Arsene Wenger vs Alan Pardew

Former Arsenal boss Terry Neill has blasted Arsene Wenger for reacting to Alan Pardew's celebrations during West Ham's 1-0 win at Upton Park.

Gunner’s manager Wenger and opposite number Pardew had to be separated following Marlon Harewood's 89th-minute winner which saw the Hammers climb out of the Premiership drop zone. Neill, who was boss at Highbury from 1976 to 1983, attended Sunday's game in which Wenger also snubbed Pardew's post-match handshake.
Pardew told Sky Sports: "I apologise if I offended Arsene. I apologise. It was nothing personal, I was celebrating the goal." He added: "It was shame because it was a tense game and we were under lot of pressure. I was celebrating the goal, that was all basically. "Arsene seemed to have a problem with that, probably rightly. It was frustration, there was nothing personal.
"Nothing was said. Maybe he [Wenger] was angry at a couple of decisions and it was a physical game. We wanted to upset Arsenal, we wanted to win. "But I was celebrating our goal, nothing more, and I apologise to him again and to Arsenal.” He is a top guy and I really respect him. I thought I was entitled to celebrate the goal after a pulsating game." Asked if the pair shook hands at the end of the match, Pardew insisted: "I tried to. I hope [to see him after the match] and hopefully I will. I want to sort things out. It's not right for the image of the game. "The important thing is it was a great victory with a goal in the last minutes. Emotions were high, but there was nothing dangerous or horrible.
"That is what happens with last-minute goals."
Pardew was anxious that his players got credit for the 1-0 win over Arsenal.
"From our point of view the performance of the players was the key. We looked to close them down and we were brave in the way we approached the game. Tactically it worked for us but it doesn't always.
Personally I think that Wengers performance was poor, he was just being a bad sportsman when he pushed west ham manager Alan Pardew on to the ground because he was celebrating the last minute goal.

Why are you celebrating,
I will kick your a**.




Bring it on.

4 Comments:

Blogger South Camden CLC said...

the best, great

3:34 PM  
Blogger South Camden CLC said...

so good

3:34 PM  
Blogger South Camden CLC said...

i love it by ryan

3:41 PM  
Blogger South Camden CLC said...

i dont get the bit at the end by ryan

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home